Sunday, January 3, 2016

Final reveal of mystery....

New Year's Day..final reveal of mystery.

Bonnie posted the final reveal on New Years Day...time in Italy. We celebrated with sister-in-law/ brothers house with games and food. I did not see the reveal until next day. As usual another outstanding quilt design. Now with one set of blocks it showed the gold center. While I like this very much, my daughter not so much. I looked at the Badger fabric I had left, not quite enough for all centers so used another favorite the red speckles fabric. This should be a bit more red. The border has black, I again I do not have enough so will substitute the flowered red and gray flower print that I liked so much and use the back with little red flowers for thin border. I will go with the red speckled gold fabric for side triangles. I did have to order some of the border fabric and got the last yard of fabric. I will decide the color of binding when I get that far. While I was ordering fabric I decided on some red flannel and some nursing theme fabric for backing. I have some scraps of fabric that I will do some kind of scrap vortex backing. We are planning to leave for Arizonia in about three weeks. If I can get the backing done I might take it along to hand quilt. (Also if we have the room) I will not have a sewing machine so if I don't get that far it will have to wait. Will use wool batting.

Here is my progress as of today.



Here is the layout with all the Badger fabric facing the same way and colors spaced out a bit more uniform.




The beginnings of the side triangles





Close up..


Worked on a system to sew and press to make sure they are correct.



It took about 3 1/2 days working on all the main blocks. They were fun to put together and fell into place easily. Fun mixing up the colors. The gray in the blocks reminds me of patio pavers. Very cool effect. 



Auditioning borders

Final decision about borders


Today I also started working on the corner and side blocks. Also fun to do and quite easy. I did half of them and decided to stop.

Here is some of Bonnie's inspiration.
The following is this week's link-up link:



So many different colors all so great. 

Cannot wait to finish putting the rows together tomorrow and maybe the side border. I will have a few weeks to work on the pieced backing.



No comments:

Post a Comment