Sunday, November 1, 2015

Let the Mystery begin....

This will be the third quiltville mystery I have participated. The color schemes where revealed on Halloween. I spent yesterday playing with fabrics from Thousands of bolts web site. I decided that with everything going on next year it would be a good idea that if the colors were right I would do the mystery for Cherith. I had thought about doing the Dear Laura from Ebony, but it starts when we would be in Arizona. This way I can have most of it done and have the year to hand quilt it for Cherith's graduation.

While the mystery can be scrappy, I do not have much in reds, blacks, gray and yellow/gold. So decided to order the fabrics. Put the order in today. There is a little yellow, but hope it is more red and black. Red is her favorite color. I can do most of this without her realizing it. Maybe the backing will be some nursing red material.

Now details from Bonnie....



The colors and sights of Tuscany have inspired me to combine what I experienced into a very cool quilt that you will love hopefully as much as I do!

What does Allietare mean?  To GLADDEN!  To REJOICE!  To become CHEERFUL!  It’s the perfect name for this quilt, it made me so happy to watch it come together.









No comments:

Post a Comment