Monday, November 30, 2015

Finished Clue 1

The first clue involved a return to the easy angle ruler. I used this one for my first mystery-Celtic Solstice so this was not new to me.

As I retired just as last year's mystery finished, I am able to enjoy each step/clue this year. I purposely  took my time with the clue. I cut the strips one by one and enjoyed the neural fabrics I have chosen. 3-4 of them are new, a few scraps and some neutral from my Downton Abbey-English Manor Team Carson.

This year I am doing this quilt for my daughter Cherith...hence Allietarecherith. Cherith loves red and it is her turn to get a quilt. My hope is that it is more red than yellow (smaller yardage) and other colors used should be fine. Cherith is a nursing student in her junior year. She will be going to Africa this summer for two and a half weeks for global health rotation. She is also thinking about doing a winter term next winter to lighten up her senior load and this would be a trip to Italy for an english course. The professor is the husband of her second grade teacher. But that is only if she cannot get an english class in fall. So this quilt with its inspiration would be perfect. I am also going to hand quilt the quilt. Would be nice to get it sewn prior to our winter trip to Arizonia. Cherith will be visiting
during her spring break this year. This quilt will be a graduation present.

Here are some pictures of my progress.




I listened to say me great Italian music. Some of the songs I wrote down and n the white part of some of the half-square triangles.


Day 2 progress 
Then I took a few days off for other things.



Finished blocks today with a few more to spare.



















No comments:

Post a Comment